Image Map

Wednesday 27 August 2014

Book Week 2014 - Little Red Riding Hood

Book Week - I love it!

Following a tutorial  I found posted here (thank you Pinterest) I was able to hand make Lexi's cape.
I used this skirt pattern for her skirt, although I left of the bow at the back and made it longer.
Her Big Bad Wolf and Grandma came from good old Ikea!
The basket was salvaged from the mess under her bed ;)

I was pretty happy with the end result and little miss received a prize for her efforts (a book).
I loved how the school really got in to it (so many more dressed up than I imagined), and the teachers really put in heaps of effort.  Lexi's teacher went as Willbee the Bumblebee, which Lexi was super chuffed about as that is one of the books she loves. I think the most heartwarming thing of the day though, was that there were around 3 or 4 kids in Lexi's class who weren't sent in costumes and her teacher had back ups on hand to dress them in so they weren't left out <3

Anywho... this one's all about the pics.  I won't share many, just her costume, as there are a lot of (other peoples) kids in them.





No comments:

Post a Comment